Sunday, April 11, 2010
4 in 1 Results - Guest Post By Phil Robertson, Norcross Code Enforcement Supervisor
Attached you will find all the final totals for our recent Clean-Up Day, Recycle Event and Canned Food Drive held on April 10th. All four events had a great turn out and I want to thank all the staff, volunteers and participants – without all of you the success of these events would not be possible. The participants were very enthusiastic and appreciative that the City of Norcross offered these services and that we are environmentally aware.
We surpassed all previous records to date of our Recycle and Clean-Up Events. Our next events will be:
· For 2010: The Fall Event will be held on Saturday, October 9th.
· For 2011: The Spring Event will be held on Saturday, April 9th.
Again, thank you everyone for your support!
Philomena M. Robertson
Code Enforcement Supervisor
City of Norcross
• 11,661 lbs of metal, plastic, glass computer housing and peripheral equipment.
• One Hundred fifty-three (153) participants
Shredded Papers Recycled:
• 9,372 lbs of sensitive and confidential records.
• One Hundred-twenty seventy-seven (177) participants
• 23.45 tons of bulky items, trash, old appliances/furniture, yard debris.
• 1.82 tons of “curbside” recyclables
• One Hundred twenty-one (121) participants
Participating Cities (33):
• Berkeley Lake
• Flowery Branch
• Johns Creek
• Norcross (city)
• Norcross (county)
• Peachtree Corners
• Sandy Springs
• Stone Mountain
• Sugar Hill
Added Activity to Recycle/Clean-up Day Events:
We also collected on the same day, non-perishable food items for our local food bank. Participants did not need to make a donation in order to participate in the Clean-up/Recycle Events but it was greatly appreciated. Donations of these items will be given to members of our community in need. We collected over 500 non-perishable/canned goods and monetary donation of $320.00.
Upcoming Event Dates:
• For 2010: The Fall Event will be held on Saturday, October 9th.
• For 2011: The Spring Event will be held on Saturday, April 9th.
Editor's Note: Sustainable Norcross provides volunteers to assist. Mark your calendars and plan to join us as a volunteer as well as a participant.